Monday 23 March 2020

Speaking: An Oral Presentation using Genially

As schools in the country were closed, I haven't been able to complete this activity in class. That's why I have had to finish it at home but with the help of my students. 

Before schools were closed, I had time to tell my students about Genially and all the possibilities this tool has. We decided to work on the Presentation Modality and each group would choose an English speaking country to make their presentation. Then, schools were closed and I decided that we,students and me, would work all together on the same presentation. I would make the presentation with the pictures, information, videos, links, etc they would send to me. 

 Students were divided into groups of four and they, themselves, decided who they wanted to work with. The different groups have been communicating among them and choosing the material they wanted to be included in the presentation. 

I suggested the topic ' Ireland, the Emerald Isle. Some curiosities about this English speaking country' because it is a country that I love and I wanted my students to know it a bit better. 

It was yesterday when I got the last information I needed to finish the project. It's been a bit hard to coordinate all my students from home, but we made it.In order to choose the stuff for the presentation, I sent my students some guidelines they had to follow. 

 When we come back to normality, we will work with this presentation in class. Students will have to talk about the information they have chosen and explain why they chose it. We will watch the different videos included in the project and we will discuss them. We can also make comparisons between this country and its traditions with our own country. 

 I have no photos or audios as I have said before, we haven't been able to do it in class. Maybe, when we go back to school, I can take some pictures or even record their performances. 

 In my opinion this tool is very useful for my lessons because it is not very difficult to use and it allows me to create my own material. It makes lessons more visual and entertaining for students. Besides, it is great to be able to include any types of material ( word documents, pictures, videos, links, etc) in the presentations .

And this is our presentation. Hope you like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment